Commercial and Residential Buildings
Using Commercial and Residential Films
I think it’s fair to say that we have a love/hate relationship with the sun! Buildings are designed to maximise natural light and views. Architects are obsessed with huge expanses of glass, both internally and externally, and often we don’t foresee the issues that can result in design choices.
Many buildings therefore suffer unforeseen problems, which make them uncomfortable and impractical in real world settings. These can include issues with excessive heat and glare, fading and damage due to harmful UV rays, lack of privacy and problems with security. The glass in office, retail and residential buildings should be an asset, not a major source of discomfort or expense.
Our window films solve a wide range of glass-related problems: high energy costs, tenant complaints, uncomfortable solar heat, eye-irritating glare, fading of furnishings, lack of privacy, security concerns and more. We have the experience needed to recommend the most suitable window film for each individual situation. These films are expertly installed with minimal disruption to staff, customers, or occupants.
Different Kind of Window Films
We work with the three major types of window films below.
Heat and Glare Control Films
There is a wide variety of advanced window films available to resolve numerous issues.
Depending on the film specified this can:
- Greatly reduce solar heat gain
- Reduce glare
- Block harmful UV rays
- Increase insulating properties of existing glass
- Provide privacy and security
Benefits of solar control films:
- Improved occupant and staff comfort
- Energy savings due to reduced cooling and heating costs
- Increased staff productivity due to a more comfortable working environment
- Protection for furnishings and occupants from harmful UV rays
- Privacy for occupants and products
Frosted and Etched Films
These films can be applied to provide 2-way privacy in commercial, retail, or residential settings.
These films can:
- Provide privacy for occupants and products
- Incorporate company logos or designs
Benefits of frosted and privacy films:
- Provide privacy for staff whilst still allowing natural light through
- Logos and designs can be incorporated for company identity, advertising, or design purposes
- Provide privacy for security purposes or to hide unsightly areas
Security and Safety Films
These films are available in different thicknesses depending on the purpose of installation. There are also combination safety and solar films resulting in dual benefits.
These films can:
- Hold glass together when breakage occurs
- Provide heat, glare, and UV reduction
- Provide privacy when using a combination solar or opaque film
Benefits of Safety and Security Films:
- Protect occupants and property from the dangers of flying glass
- Provide a deterrent to intruders and vandals
Vehicle And Architectural Window Films
We are the go to agents for vehicle and architectural window films on the North East coast of Ireland. We service Louth, Meath, Dublin, Cavan, Monaghan and the greater Leinster Region.